For the Pharmacist
RxA has developed this area of our website as your ‘go to’ for resources and information related to the Pharmacy Services Framework.
- Updated (May 2013). Eligibility rules for the compensation of Pharmacy Services: Produced by Alberta Health, view the eligibility rules by clicking here.
- Special edition of RxPress. This issue of RxA's quarterly magazine covers everything related to the Pharmacy Service Framework including; CACP/SMMA information, practice tips, a national look at Pharmacy Services and much much more! Download here.
- FAQs: Developed by RxA, This document provides the answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Pharmacy Services Framework. PSF Frequently Asked Questions.
- June 2012 Information Sessions Q & A: This document from Alberta Health, with input from RxA and ACP, provides answers to commonly asked questions from the pharmacist information sessions held across the province in June. Download it here.
- Documentation Templates (member only): RxA has created a new practice tool template to support you in the provision and delivery of a Comprehensive Annual Care Plan (CACP), a Standard Medication Management Assessment (SMMA) and associated follow-ups.
Click here for access
- Get Acquainted with the Framework! An online presentation available to all pharmacists. It will describe the new Pharmacy Services Framework and explain how it fits within the current legislative environment for pharmacy.
Register for the online presentation here. Approved for 0.5 CEUs.
- Alberta Health Handbook: This handbook, produced by Alberta Health, outlines requirements and compensation for the new Pharmacy Services Framework. View it here: www.health.alberta.ca/documents/Pharmacy-Services-Compensation-2012.pdf.
- Alberta Blue Cross Benefacts related to the Pharmacy Services Framework:
Clarification on compensation for pharmacy services. Benefact Number 357, August 2012.
Alberta Health has provided additional clarity on frequency limitations for compensation of Pharmacy Services. Benefact Number 347, July 2012.
Billing information for Pharmacy Services. Benefact Number 346, June 2012.
Additional clarity on frequency limitations for compensation of Pharmacy Services. Benefact Number 347, June 2012.
Confirming Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage for the new Pharmacy Services. Useful reference: Benefact Number 328, January 2012.
- A letter to Alberta pharmacists: Neil Cameron, RxA President announces the Pharmacy Services Framework. View this letter here.